Monday, March 28, 2011

Pinteresting, very Pinteresting

Have you heard of Pinterest? It’s like one-stop shopping for beautiful inspiration pictures. It’s free to register, and once you’re signed up, the internet is your oyster. You create boards on your Pinterest page, and as you surf the Net and find images of beautiful things, you can quickly and easily save them to one of your Pinterest boards. The cool thing is that the link to the image is saved with with image, so it’s easy to go back to the web page it came from, which is super-handy for giving proper credit for the picture.

DR lacquered lifeImage via Lacquered Life

It’s really easy to use. You install a little Pin It widget onto your browser’s toolbar, and any time you see a picture you want to save to one of your Pinterest boards, just click the Pin It button. All the images on the web page that you’re on appear on the screen. Click Pin This on the image you want to save, write a short description of the image, click Pin It, and there you go! You can also repin images that you like from other boards onto your board.

image

Here are some of my Pinterest pictures…

bathroom Louise Bradley desr designers Designed by Louise Bradley, image via Dear Designers

LR style at homeImage via Style At Home

bedroom alamodeus Image via Alamodeus

Look Up - Ceiling Art - House Beautiful July 2009 limestone and boxwoods Image via House Beautiful via Limestone & Boxwoods

LR atmosphere interior design houzz   Designed by Atmosphere Interior Design, image via Houzz

LR via cococozyImage via Cococozy

kitchen chateau couture decorImage via Chateau Couture Decor

LR style at home 2Image via Style At Home

Don’t forget, Kate & Kelly’s Great Blog Recipe Exchange is happening this Wednesday, March 30th. Blog about one of your favourite recipes on Wednesday, link it up to the recipe exchange, and then check out everyone else’s recipes. Click here for all the details.

sig turquoise

21 comments:

  1. I LOVE Pinterest! It's so great for when you are surfing the net and you see an inspiring picture - you just pin i! And for bloggers, I think it is a truly amazing resource because you don't need to go back and try and find the reference for a photo you saw way back when - it's all saved for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love pinterest too...the chandelier on the 1st image looks great! have a wonderful new week, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Jax (Im not blogging anymore - but love following yours ;-)HOpe your doing well...I am enjoyed reading about your makeover you did. Well done!
    I like the idea of Pinterest - thanks for sharing!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few boards on Pinterest but don't use it as often as I could. Need to find and follow you now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just heard about pinterest the other day and am so glad that you posted this! When I went to their site I had no idea how it worked! Thanks for letting me know - I think I'm going to have to register!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pinteresting indeed, thanks for the lead it is very useful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been addicted to pinterest for ages. Great images, especially the living room by my own interior designers - Atmosphere. They are wonderful and do amazing work! I will let them know they have been pinned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started using pininterest as well! It's a great inspiration source, I just need to find some more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have friends who swear by Pinterest, but I haven't done much with it yet. I'll have to get back on there and explore. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cool! I love the images you posted today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dare say a lot of your photos will end up on a lot of people's pinterest boards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea - I had never heard of pinterest till today. So it's true - we do learn something new every day !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got my invite and I am ready to PIN!! Thanks for the how to Kelly, know I feel like I know more what to do :) Love these pretty pictures.
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'm guilty...
    of wasting too much time on Pinterest...
    I just can't help it,
    so much gorgeous images in there ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Thanks for sharing Kelly. Will be using this tool in the near future...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heard of Pinterest, but haven't used it yet...knowing me, I may need a tutorial from someone....you maybe. Thanks for sharing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely post - i love pininterest but it doens't work with explorer so i always have to switch to safari when i want to explore -

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel kinda dumb I've never heard of this before. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOOOH , can't wait to try! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How GORGEOUS!! I'm loving everything you've pinned here! Am off to checkout pinterest, what a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!