Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kate & Kelly’s Great Blog Recipe Exchange

Today’s the day to tempt everyone’s taste buds with your favourite recipe. Cookies, cake, bread, buttered chicken… post your recipe, link it up here, and then do the rounds to expand your culinary horizons :-)

recipecardwithtext3

The recipe I’m sharing is from Janet & Greta Podleski. These two Canadian sisters have written three fantastic fat-busting cookbooks that are fresh, fun, and full of tastiness.

looneyspoons    crazy plates    eat shrink merry

One of my favourite recipes is from Eat, Shrink & Be Merry – it’s a low-fat but super-yummy version of Thai pizza. It may look and sound a bit strange with peanut sauce instead of tomato sauce, but trust me, your taste buds will thank you! To up the healthy factor and flavour, I use this recipe for whole wheat pizza crust. It makes enough for two pizzas – I split it in half and freeze one half for a future pizza.

A couple of notes: Don’t limit yourself to the veggies listed in the recipe – use the veggies that you like best and/or that you have handy. And I’ve discovered that blanching the bean sprouts for a few minutes and then drying them well prevents the crust from getting soggy. I do the same with bok choy, and would recommend blanching any veggies that have a high water content. And dry all the veggies well after you rinse them.

pizza recipe

Here’s my dough about ready to me made into pizza. I pre-bake the crust for about 8 minutes at 425 degrees, let it cool, and then put on the toppings.

dough

Toppings prepared and ready to go. I use more cheese than the recipe calls for – about 2 cups. But really, just eyeball it till it looks like a good amount to you. There’s also green onions, red & yellow peppers, shredded carrots, bok choy, and bean sprouts. You could replace the chicken with shrimp, or why not do both :-)

ingredients

Assembled and ready to go into the oven…

assembled

Done!

cooked

My slice of Thai pizza ready to eat. Mmmmmm, nutritious and delicious!

slice

Now it’s your turn! Use Mister Linky to join in the recipe exchange. It’s easy:

  1. Click the Mister Linky icon below.
  2. Enter your name (or enter the name of your recipe if you’d like) into the Your Name box and the permalink to your recipe exchange post in the Your URL box. To get the permalink, click the title of your recipe exchange post. The permalink will appear in your browser’s address bar. Copy & paste the address into the Your URL box.
  3. Click Enter, and you’re good to go :-)


Be sure to check out what Kate’s got for you over at manningroad (she’ll be posting her recipe any minute now!), and do the rounds of all the recipe exchange participants. Have fun!

sig turquoise

8 comments:

  1. wonderful idea! love so many Italian recipes :-) Bought a Jamie Oliver'S book some weeks ago and already tried almost everything :-) lovely greetings to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a divine pizza - I have saved it to my favourites !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. | have posted a recipe for the exchange on my blog and did the mister linky thing. Such Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are my favourite cookbooks. Love Marla's Maple Pork...yum yum.

    Will have to try the Thai pizza now too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of that pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to try this pizza it sounds so yummy! Thanks Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks soo yummy Kelly! I wiah I could have you over to make it with me, I kinda suck in the kitchen :( Now I want pizza!
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!