Friday, January 13, 2012

Having a ball with my eCraft

Santa isn’t very good at keeping secrets – he made it kind of obvious that he was bringing me a purple eCraft for Christmas. Hubby has actually played around with the eCraft more than I have, and he finally figured out how to get it to cut out the template from How About Orange to make these cool 3D balls from CB2:

I picked up a big pack of scrapbooking paper at HomeSense, and now I’m having fun making balls :-)

balls 1

balls 2

This is the first one I made, so I used colours that aren’t my favourites in case there was a screw-up.

balls 6

Of course, I had to make one in purple & turquoise :-)

balls 8

And a beach-inspired ball in blue and light brown.

balls 9

balls 10

These balls are so much fun to make, especially now that I don’t have to cut out each of the twelve pieces to make them! Now I need to work on some other projects that I’ve seen. I think I’m going to take a shot at something like this next:

Pinned Image

Happy weekend!

I’m linking my eCraft project up to Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL {#3} at Five Days 5 Ways – check it out! You’ll find lots of inspiring projects, and you could win a stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils.

sig turquoise

12 comments:

  1. Kelly how cool is this!! I love the heart art idea!

    Xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool! I want one too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these balls Kelly. I think you might need to open an etsy shop. As soon as I saw them I thought of the heart artwork. Can't wait to see how you tackle that. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cool. They'd look great hanging in a kids room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this implement - if one calls it that - but I am going to read up on it !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course the first thing you would make with your e craft would be balls! They are lovely. Looking forward to see what else you create with this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is too cool!! I love that, your hubby is a keeper. I heart the turquoise and purple too :) You'll have to show us what else you do with this nifty eCraft.

    Kelly I'm excited that you tried my new fav chocolates!! Are you enjoying them? I'm enjoying them a little too much. And the point was supposed to be that I was trying to lessen my intake of sweets. Oh boy.

    HUGS,
    Nancy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had my eye on the hearts art for some time now. I'm looking forward to your version!! Have fun with your new eCraft :-)
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so fun, Kelly!

    I would absolutely love it if you would link this up at my FREE-FOR-ALL linky party!

    http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/01/feature-friday-free-for-all-3-50.html

    Hope I get to see you there1

    P.S. I'm following now. : )
    ~Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kelly!

    Thought you might want to know that I'm featuring you tomorrow for Feature Friday Free-for-All!

    Thanks for linking up! : )

    Hope you'll be back to share some more of your awesomeness!


    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!