Monday, January 30, 2012

IDS12 wrap-up + lots more to come

IDS12 has come and gone, and I have to say I think this was the best IDS show that I’ve been to. My brain is about to explode with all the amazing information that it absorbed over the last four days. There’s just too much to share in one blog post, so instead of cramming everything into one long post, I’m going to devote the next few weeks to posts about IDS12 and the related events. For today, here’s a really quick overview of the weekend, starting with the TBBs hangin’ with the very charming & funny Brian Gluckstein at the Canadian Design Blogger Meetup.

TBBs AND BRIAN KJThe beautiful & talented TBBs from left to right: Sonya, Donna, Lisa, Brian Gluckstein (our honourary TBB!), Maureen, Kelly, and Nicole

Not to name drop or anything, but here’s Glen Peloso reading the menu to us at Brassaii on Saturday night ;-)

Glen Peloso

There were so many amazing products, amazing people, and loads of amazing information everywhere. Here’s just a small sampling to whet your appetite (I’m still sorting out my pictures and will give proper credit once I figure out where I took them all!)

peacock chairs

living lightingLiving Lighting

 

gold chandelier

bloomsbury kitchen
Bloomsbury Kitchens

 

am studio 2

am studioAM Studio

 

bed flouFlou

 

elteElte

 

canadian cushionsIdentity Apparel

 

upcountyUpCountry

 

digital photo sofa

 

outdoor furnitureAlfred Sung

 

dining table n60North on Sixty

 

wetstyleWetstyle

Want to see more? Of course you do! And I have a whole lot more to show you, plus I have lots of information to share from Kimberley Seldon’s Business of Design launch, BlogPodium, and the Canadian Design Blogger Meetup. February is going to be IDS12 month here – don’t miss it!

Actually, how about we turn this into a big IDS12 link party. If you’ve blogged about IDS12, please leave a comment or send me an e-mail with your URL(s) and I’ll include them in my IDS12 posts. Then everyone can visit everyone else and it’ll be like being at the show all over again :-) Here are just a few…

sig turquoise

23 comments:

  1. I felt in love with the stunning fixtures of Living Lighting. I plan to publish my IDS photos later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading your IDS post, Kim :-) I'd love to add it to the list that I'm compiling.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kelly, Those light fixtures are to die for. LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots more beautiful light fixtures to share, Marilyn - stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you take great pictures Kelly! Great little summary. Looking forward to seeing your next posts and amazing shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole :-) I have so many more pictures to post!

      Delete
  4. My post will be up shortly...and I'm happy to say, we will not be overlapping in content on this one, however I did take some of the same pics as you. Fabulous first IDS post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen :-) You posted some things I totally missed!

      Delete
  5. Dude, thanks for the link-up! Sorry we didn't get a chance to connect at BlogPodium: I saw you across the crowd but missed you in all the chatty confusion. If you're coming back out for the symposium in May, let me know. I'd love to meet face-to-face!

    PS - Your photos are fab. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for adding me Kelly. I was half way through writing you a comment and got distracted by dinner and my art class and when I got home I found you had already written to me and added my post to the list. It was great to see you too. I really enjoyed the meetup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing...I was trying to decide what I like best...but I couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing :)
    - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, Kelly! Enjoyed the fun and fab flavour of what we missed this year - and looks like it was great fun, too! Nice photos with design celebs ;) Can't wait to see more soon! Pam + Oded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDS and the events over the weekend were all great :-) You and Oded should display your glass work in Studio North next year - it would be great exposure for you!

      Delete
  10. Kelly, I can't thank you enough for featuring us on your blog. It was so nice that you could stop by our booth and chat a while. I had an absolutely amazing time at the show this year and already I can't wait for IDS13. We uploaded some photos of our booth on Facebook already so make sure you have a look (www.facebook.com/elte). Anyway, thank you once again. It means a lot. All the best and I hope you can come visit us at Elte sometime soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Andrew :-) I'm planning to write an entire blog post about the Elte booth. It was one of my favourites, especially those amazing sari rugs :-) I'll send you the URL when I get the post up (sometime over the next week or so). I'll definitely make my way to your store one of these days!

      Delete
  11. I am soooo jealous! Love the lighting you have featured here! Sorry i might have missed it, but what does TBB stand for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I tell you what TBB stands for, I'll have to kill you ;-) There were so many gorgeous light fixtures at the show - I'll be posting lots more pictures soon :-)

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the shout out Kelly! Love seeing your great photos of the spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, Kelly! looks you had a great time! more pics pls. a virtual hug to you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Inspiration plus fun !! Lucky you !! I am still resting at home - something I am not good at !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! What an awesome idea to list out other bloggers who've blogged on this year's event! I wasn't able to go this year cuz it landed on the same weekend as the National Bridal Show, so now I can relive the event through you guys! :D

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!