Monday, October 21, 2013

A little spit and polish

Well, I didn’t actually use spit – that would just be gross!

I bought this small table last year from Tribute Decor with the plan to put it next to the tub in our master bathroom.

brassmarbledrinktable2

The marble top is perfect, and I love the pretty detailing on the base. But the tarnished brass doesn’t really work with the sparkly finishes and chrome faucets, so I thought maybe I’d paint it with a chrome-looking spray paint. I also considered a dark grey metallic spray paint. Either way, I thought I better take a shot at cleaning it up first, just in case. Although I wasn’t too confident I’d be able to get the brass clean. Well, lots of Brasso and elbow grease, and this is how it turned out – Gizmo wanted to take a closer look ;-)

brass table

The brass cleaned up beautifully, and now this little table is going to be a pretty jewel in the master bathroom. Which is FINALLY close to being done – YAY! Hubby is building the vanity, and once that’s finished we’ll install the backsplash and mirror and finish up the little details. Pics coming soon :-)

jax sig 2

9 comments:

  1. Omg, this piece is gorgeous!! The second I read you wanted to paint it, I thought, no, don't do it!! And then read that you cleaned it and are going to use it as is. Soooo glad! I personally adore some mixed metallics in the bathroom!! Can t wait to see the reveal!! xo
    Ozana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for further pics - how exciting for you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am glad you didn't want to paint it, I think the brass will warm things up so nicely. Although flat black would have been gorg as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting, Kelly! Can't wait to see your new bathroom. And, I love your little table - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting, Kelly! Can't wait to see your new bathroom. And, I love your little table - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Kelly!! And you know what the funny thing is? I used to own a table like that!!! Let's just say, 'he' got it in the end!! ;-) Dying to see this one sitting in its new pride of place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Kelly! I too am glad you didn't paint it. -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!