Thursday, April 17, 2014

Liberate Your Art 2014 Blog Hop

You know how when you check your mailbox and all you find in it are bills and menus for the local pizza joint and a Weed Man brochure, you feel kinda gypped? Well, over the last few weeks, checking the mailbox has been way more fun than usual – every now and then, there’s been a wonderful little surprise waiting there for me :-)

After doing what I do best last year (procrastinating), this year I made sure to participate in Kat Sloma’s Liberate Your Art postcard swap. People from all around the world turn their art into postcards and send five of them to Kat. Then Kat and her trusty assistants send six postcards to every single participant. I hope they had self-adhesive stamps!

These are the postcards that I received (click the image to go to the artist’s web site)…

audrey staples midwest pm frameMidwest U.S.A.
Audrey Staples

 

shadow lilies marjorie pm frameShadow Lilies
Marjorie Kinch

 

Lake Tahoe aspens pm frameAspen trees, Lake Tahoe
Shirina

 

divine magic suzanne pm FRAMEDivine Magic
Suzanne Jordan Villella

 

red balloon to the moon joni mitchell frameA Case Of You
Marguerite Bryant

 

layered autumn kat pm frameLayered Autumn
Kat Sloma

 

It’s interesting that four of the six postcards I received are nature-themed. And they all came from artists in the U.S.A.

Six of my paintings in postcard form were liberated out into the world. I wonder where their journeys ended….

postcards

Thank you Kat for creating a great way to share the art love! Looking forward to Liberate Your Art 2015 :-)

jax sig 2

15 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some beauties in the mail! Love your painting of the silver birches - my favourite tree :)
    Lovely to meet you in the swap and Happy Easter from England x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another bunch of postcards I haven't seen before. I love seeing something new in the blog hop. The images you received are each a work of art. So happy you found so many beauties in your mailbox. I also love what you liberated...wonderful art as well. Can't wait until next time and I hope to find you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog hop is fun! I get to see cards I haven't seen before. You got a great bunch and the cards you sent are wonderful -- such great color. I'm looking forward to 2015, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours look incredible! and you received beauties back!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the designs of your cards, they are beautiful... And the ones you received, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your postcards are lovely, nice paintings! I am enjoying visiting all the blogs on the hop, so much good art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some stunners! And yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an array - such colours too !! Happy Easter !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your beautiful postcards. Especially love "Shadow Lilies" by Marjorie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright and textured postcard you sent out! Glad to have seen your work through this blog hop. And what fun one you received.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that dark sky. You got some nice ones this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful cards!!! Your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so much fun seeing all the art that was liberated! You got a great set. I would have loved to received one of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are stunning - WOW! You received such a nice collection too! Hope to see you next year!

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!