You might remember a few weeks ago, I posted some pictures of a couple of paintings I made – including The OMFG Painting. You might also remember that I had a *little* accident with a bottle of white paint (I found some more paint splatters on the floor and a lamp shade yesterday). Well, in spite of the paint catastrophe, I had a great time creating those first two paintings, and since then I’ve created four more. This one was inspired by a peacock feather. The spots of white are glitter that I sprinkled on while the paint was still wet.
This one was inspired by water.
And this one was inspired by the sun – although it came out a lot more like a tie dye shirt. {Funny how that happens, my paintings never seem to come out the way I originally envision them.} It was really cool to see how the paint moved around the canvas on this one. I totally didn’t expect the colours to do what they did.
I’m not sure what this one looks like – maybe clouds in the sky at sunset?
Now that I’ve discovered how fun painting can be, I have no idea why I was so scared to paint in the first place. I love playing around with the paint on the canvas and seeing what happens, and it’s a great way to let out my creativity. I want to go out and buy a huge stack of canvases and just paint and paint and paint some more :-)
Is there something you really want to do, but fear has been holding you back from doing it? Well, don’t be scared – let yourself go and just do it!
Llinking up to Feature Friday Free-For-All over at Five Days… 5 Ways.
![]()
Kelly, these paintings are all really awesome, I like all of them!! Congrats on discovering your hidden talent :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Kudos to you and now you know the sky's the limit.
ReplyDeleteWow!!!!! You are amazing! I love them all, but the water one just speaks to me! I have been working on building my photography business party because of you! I love all you do and your Mark Twain quote just pushed me right over the edge! You are one talented lady! Thank you for always being you and inspiring others!
ReplyDeleteOHHH - the peacock feather and glitter sounds sensational !! I like your bravery - and envy it !!
ReplyDeleteYou have found another wonderful outlet for you many talents! Go out and buy those huge canvasses!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Paula! Enjoy your new creative outlet! They're terrific! Only one thing: they're missing your signature! ;)
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful Kelly! I particularly love the water and sky ones. Where are you hanging them?
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful Kelly. I LOVE the peacock!! You're going to start running out of walls soon.
ReplyDeleteHI Kelly,
ReplyDeleteYour peacock inspired painting is fabulous - love the bling! Would you please email me (having trouble finding your email) at eclecticallyvintage@gmail.com. Question for you. Thanks!
Kelly
Kelly - LOVE that you are getting into painting, isn't it just the best???
ReplyDeleteSo sorry that I stole your post on steel frames this week, I think it comes down to the fact that great minds think alike, because I know there has been a time or two you have beat me to something too!! I say you should still post on it, everyone always puts there own spin on things you know? Hugs,
Nancy xo
Kelly, you are so creative! I love your paintings!
ReplyDeleteWOW these are great, I'm loving the sea inspired one.....great texture. My paintings never really turn out the way I imagine them either....kinda why I like doing them, never know what "masterpiece" you'll create.
ReplyDeleteKelly, each one is amazing. I love them all. Bravo for taking this step. Keep going gal, this is great stuff, truly great.
ReplyDelete