Friday, February 3, 2012

A little Style At Home love

I’m very excited to be included in the latest budget-friendly decorating article over at Style At Home. Click here to read my decorating idea for how to cheer up your home on a budget. Here’s a hint ;-)

DR bouquet 1

And speaking of Style At Home… a few months ago, I pinned this picture of SAH section editor Catherine Therrien’s living room to my PInterest board. It has to be the most re-pinned picture from all of my pictures:

therrien-living-room SAH photo virginia macdonaldImage via Style At Home | Photographer: Virginia MacDonald

There’s something about this room that appeals to a lot of people! I love the colour combination, the dark hardwood floor, the beautiful fabrics (how cool are those peacock feather curtains?), and the floor-to-ceiling doors & windows. It’s pretty, but not too precious and not too formal. And the cheery orange just invites you to come in and take a seat. I can picture myself sitting here on a sunny spring day, reading a good book and sipping lemonade while the curtains flutter in a soft breeze.

I’d love to hear what your thoughts are on this room – leave me a comment and let me know :-)

Happy weekend!

sig turquoise

9 comments:

  1. Very nice, Kelly. Who doesn't love fresh flowers? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the feature! Fresh flowers are my favorite indulgence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for introducing me to Pinterest and for inspiring me to get going on pinning some pics !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right about flowers being an inexpensive way to add a pop of colour and a nice decorating touch. Congratulations on being featured. I love the room above but not quite sure why. I think it's the pops of red against the brown sofa and I think the carpet, colour and pattern is very striking against the dark flooring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on having your colourful and pretty decorating style featured in Style at Home! Wonderful and well deserved! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the Style at Home love! Looking forward to working with you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to know where I can find those curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does anyone know where I can find the peacock feather fabric thats on the curtains? I can't find it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!