Sunday, January 30, 2011

The colours of IDS11

I’m back from IDS11, and I’ve got loads of stuff to show you. But I have to tell you that I was so focussed on talking to people, checking out the products in the booths was almost secondary! So even thought I took pictures of a lot of cool stuff, I didn’t always remember to make note of who designed the cool stuff. Bad me!  Click here for a complete list of all IDS11 exhibitors.

colourful chairs

There’s so much to see and take in at IDS, it can really be overwhelming. And no matter how many times you walk up and down an aisle, you always see something you missed. Colour always catches my eye, so for my first IDS recap, I’m showing you the colours of IDS11.

This is the Style At Home/Beauti-Tone booth. Doesn’t it make you feel like spring? :-)

SAH 2

Check out the paint can chandelier :-)

SAH 4 

SAH 6

SAH 5

Pretty dishware…

ceramics 1

ceramics 3

ceramics 4

Carpets (and check out that pair of pants!)

colourful carpets

Love these carpets from Elte. They’re old carpets that are given new life by dying them in gorgeous vibrant colours.

pink carpet elte purple carpet elte

LOVE this carpet from Weaver’s Art.

purple silver carpet weavers art

Glass mosaic artwork by Filippetti.

tile artwork filippetti

tile artwork filippetti 2

Glass wall scones.

glass wall lights 1

glass wall lights 2

The floor in the Para Paints booth

para floor 1

I forgot to take a picture of the Urban Canvas Art booth – this picture is from their Facebook page.

urban canvas art 2

An example of their colourful artwork from their web site:

95151043

And I love this textural birch tree painting.

birch tree art

Even a pink piano…

pink piano

And colourful shower heads from Grohe!

grohe colourful shower heads

Do you have a favourite colourful design from IDS11?

I’ll be posting a lot more pictures from the show over the next week, so if you want to see lots more design coolness, be sure to drop by :-)

And also be sure to drop by blueloom, where Kinga is featuring a tour of my home. I’m honoured that Kinga asked me to share my home with her readers – thanks Kinga! :-)

If you want your home to reflect who you are and what you love, drop me a line for an in-person or online consultation.

sig turquoise

24 comments:

  1. Great recap of the colours Kelly! And congrats for the post over on BlueLoom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly I love that I can always come to your blog and get a great dose of color!!! I am smiling becaue it feels like spring here!! I did a post on Saturday with a verrrry colorful room because I needed a dose of happy color. Great post thanks for the recap!! Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum so many bright and pretty colors! LOVE it! That shower head is just crazy, but the idea is so much fun! Looking forward to more ID11 posts, so much inspiration.

    xo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those furniture pieces, Kelly! You must have had a great time. I love the Honeysuckle color of the year pictures with that fabulous blue. I'll bet there was almost too much to take in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there. I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Andrew Metrick and I'm from Elte. I don't know if we got a chance to meet at the show but I wanted to thank you for not only stopping by our booth but also for mentioning us on your blog. We had a great show and we were so thrilled that everyone seemed to like our Second Life rug collection. Thank you so much and we hope to see you at Elte or Ginger's soon.

    All the best,

    Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the colours in the ELTE carpets and the STyle at Home booth as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sure is one pick me up post! Pure eye candy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that vignette a few photos down of the soft aquas and those brilliantly coloured plates too. Lovely array of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much beautiful colour! Perfect for a murky Monday morning...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I wish I had been there - what a colourful blast it must have been !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours! So glad that you enjoyed your weekend. I think I would be so overwhelmed by all that was there that I'd need at least a week to take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry I missed you at IDS - glad you had a great time! great post round up. i love the works of Alanna Cavanagh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was great to run into you at IDS on Friday. Looks like you enjoyed the show! (I loved seeing your pics from the Gala night - what fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Kelly what a pretty place you have here! I kept thinking you would be over at your other place but now I have you in my reader:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad you joined me. I was here last night, I left a comment, and somehow it is not here...well what I did say is that I love seeing these funs pop of color...pure eye candy and a for sure pick me up! Have fun making some new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colors and sights. I feel like I was in a candy store for the eyes. Incredible.

    Found you on Debbiedoos

    So glad I stopped by :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly,

    Bravo wonderful snaps! All this color will be perfect to color our world in 2011. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

    Bette

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow thanks for sharing. Love the new colors. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite is the style at home booth - so fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! What a lot of great color inspiration! I'm your newest follower from Debbie's newbie party! Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That Style at Home booth is so incredible!! I love all the pops of colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Kelly - I wish I had met up with you! I must have met up with Amy right after you guys toured the show - we went for a glass of wine and the to the pub. :) I am loving everyone's recaps - amazing how everyone saw the same things but all from a slightly different perspective - the colour of your post is great! Maybe we'll connect at the next meet-up! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for visiting our booth that day (Grand Piano House Inc.). For more colourful pianos, visit www.mypianohouse.com

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!