Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Good-bye Squirt

We had Squirt put to sleep :-( The tumour in her neck didn’t get any smaller on the increased dose of Prednisone, and she was having trouble breathing and couldn’t stand up. We couldn’t let her go on like that, so we made an appointment with the vet at 2:00 on March 1st. Before we brought her to the clinic, we gave her a bunch of meatballs and her favourite doggie treats. And lots of pats & hugs & kisses too. It was extremely sad and heartbreaking, but it was also a relief when she was no longer struggling to breathe and she was at peace. Love you and miss you always, Squirtsy…

squirt-maine-2011-tongueSquirt at sunset in Maine, September 2011

jax sig 2

8 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you...
    Ozana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your decision and know it was right. RIP gorgeous Squirt .

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, that photo just kills me. To lose a true friend like Squirt is never easy. Know that you are in my thoughts. And you definitely did the right thing for her. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. My heart breaks for you. I recognized your house from The house and home days and I remember him from then I hope it comforts you to know the extraordinary life you gave that dog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Robyn, the H&H days were a long time ago! Cool that you recognized my house and Squirt. Thank you for your kind words - we did our best to give Squirt a happy life.

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to you. We had to put our precious Murphy to sleep on December 27th. It was so hard, but I know we did the right thing. Prayers to you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to learn this. Squirt. I love that name. I hope happy memories of her can soften your sadness.

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!