Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It’s the little things: HingeHeads

You know how sometimes you see a little detail in a house that stands out because it’s unexpected, unique, or quirky? Well, here’s a cute little detail that’s all of the above – HingeHeads. They’re little magnetized finials that attach to metal door hinges. Totally unnecessary, but totally cute! I’m thinking this little sailboat would be the perfect little addition to my blue front door…

image

Oceanside 2

Or maybe a dolphin…

image

There’s a HingeHead to suit just about anybody’s home.

image image image image

There’s also a bottom finial available to give your hinge a more finished look.

image

HingeHeads come on three finishes – Antique Pewter, Antique Brass, and Antique Bronze. Prices range from $5.95 US to $15.95 US, plus a few dollars for shipping to the US and Canada (shipping is higher for overseas orders).

What do you think – is there a door in your house that you’d dress up with a HingeHead?

sig turquoise

15 comments:

  1. I agree, totally unnecessary but totally cute! Very novel idea :)and yes, the sailboats would look great on your front door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh the sailboat is so fun!
    A nice tiny touch of whimsy. :)
    http://paintwinerepeat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet one with a tiny crystal that captures and reflects light would really be spectacular and eye catching too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I didn't even know these things existed! They are so fun! I definitely like the dolphin with the bright blue door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a shabby chic inspired one !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and I've never seen these before. I'd like a little cat one please ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what Amy said, "A nice tiny touch of whimsy." Clever as all get-out too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...i love little ornate things like this for the home! very innovative! )

    MadeByGirl.Blogspot.com
    MadeByGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute Kelly! I`ve never seen them before, going to go look for some this weekend.
    :)
    mikky
    www.todaloos.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an adorable idea! I love details that can go unnoticed but when seen really show how much thought has gone into a room, a space or a front door! Glad to pop back into see you, am trying desperately to make time for blogging and reading blogs, I 've missed Jax Does Design!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightfully frivolous! Like a toe ring for your door.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are SO cute. What a great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly I have never seen these before,,,how cute!! Love the star and moon!

    I have a feature Interview and Giveaway on my site with Tina from The Enchanted Home...I hope you will visit

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so adorable! Especially against bright color front doors, don't you agree! Is your front door a bright color as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My front door is a teal blue. It's now decorated with an antique brass sailboat HingeHead :-) I love it!

      Delete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!