Well, here it is, the last day of my odd days of Christmas. Hope you’ve enjoyed reading my wishlist here, and Nancy’s even-days wishlist at Marcus Design. In case you missed it, click here to check out what’s on Nancy’s list for Day 10.
I have to say that Day 11 was a tough one – I mean, really, how many things come in sets of 11?! I guess a dozen eggs with one egg missing, or a dozen doughnuts with one doughnut missing. But who wants a Christmas gift with a missing part? So I had to get a bit creative…
♪ ♫ On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me… ♪ ♫
Good thing maple leaves have 11 points, because I really want a pair of these super-cool red mitts for Christmas :-) Hubby got two pairs of the 2010 version last year – they were a really hot item at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver:
A pair of red mitts costs $10, and all net proceeds go towards supporting Canadian athletes through the Canadian Olympic Foundation. You can buy them at Zellers and The Bay stores across Canada. The more mittens sold, the better the chance of having more goosebump-inducing moments… like Alexandre Bilodeau winning the first-ever Olympic gold medal on Canadian soil. Weeehooo!!
And there you go, my 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 11th days of Christmas :-) Nancy will be wrapping up our 12 days tomorrow. I hope we’ve given you some ideas for your own Christmas list :-) Click the links below to catch up on any days that you missed:
- The tenth day of Christmas…
- The ninth day of Christmas…
- The eighth day of Christmas…
- The seventh day of Christmas…
- The sixth day of Christmas…
- The fifth day of Christmas…
- The fourth day of Christmas…
- The third day of Christmas…
- The second day of Christmas…
- The first day of Christmas…
Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas!
Coming soon… a Christmas post from a very special guest…
Love those mitts! You couldn't get them last year, remember! Your husband was lucky to have found a pair. If you do get a pair this Christmas, be sure to take them off while your eating your Chocolate Diamonds! LOL
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time in Budapest and a very Merry Christmas to your and yours. All the best for you in 2011.
I love these mittens. I really enjoyed the Olympics this year. Your country did an amazing job. I can only imagine how proud your are!!! Merry,merry,Kathysue
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever find !!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pick and very clever indeed! My hubby just bought me a pair and I love them- I had to settle for tiny kids ones last year because they sold out so quickly- I'm happy to have big red mittens now:)
ReplyDeleteSuch cute mittens! Makes me want to head all the way north to Canada!:)
ReplyDelete