I’m in the middle of a room makeover and I’ve got art on the brain. I know that I want to create a gallery wall, and I already have a bunch of framed artwork that’s ready to hang. But I need more! So I’ve been checking out Etsy, and I found some prints that are perfectly perfect :-)
This one is Nova Scotia Love by Elizabeth at Poppy and Pinecone. (If you love another province, state, or country, Elizabeth probably has it!)![]()
I discovered Kerrie’s shop, Seawashed, through her blog, Sea Cottage. If you love coastal decor and pretty things, you’ll love Kerrie’s blog. I bought one of her sand dollar prints:
And this is why social networking is so amazing – I discovered artist Sharon Cummings’ FB page through artist Andrada Anghel’s FB page, which I found through artist Matt LeBlanc’s FB page. A few more connections, and I’ll find Kevin Bacon ;-) Sharon is currently holding her annual year end 50% off sale, so it was the perfect time to buy one of her fabulous paintings. It was a tough decision, but I finally settled on #237 from her Pure Water series:
So now that I’ve got most of the artwork for the wall, I need to decide on a layout. Hmmmm… I kind of like this one, because it reminds me of a wave on the ocean…
Image via Living La Vie
Although a more structured layout appeals to me too…
Image via Pinterest via The Architecture Blog
I like the idea of painting a colour block behind the artwork to make it stand out more…
Image via Decorpad
Leaning the frames on shelves would eliminate the need to put holes into the freshly-painted wall, and it would be easy to change up the artwork whenever the mood hits…
Design by Vicente Wolf, image via Design Manifest
I like this look – although having to line up the bottoms and tops of the frames could be tough for somebody who’s mathematically challenged like me!
Image via Pinterest via Martha Stewart
Spacing between the frames that’s a little more random would be easier, I think…
Design by Sarah Richardson, photo by Stacey Brandford
Image via Houzz
Wish I had a cool stone column to hang my artwork on!
Image via Pinterest via Your Decorating Hotline
Whichever layout I decide on, I know I’ll be using lots of white frames – Ikea is my friend!
Which gallery wall layout do you like best? And have you discovered a great artist online? Leave a comment and let me know :-)
![]()
Thanks Kelly! You helped me find the gift for my parents for Christmas! (print of NS)
ReplyDeleteLove Ikea frames! You know I am partial to a certain artist - Victoria bought a painting, bless her heart.
ReplyDeleteBut there are sooo many amazing ones out there!
Oh, I love the painting you bought. I'm going to check out her site. I like every image you posted but was instantly drawn to the colour blocked wall. Can't wait to see what you do.
ReplyDeleteOoh, you know I LOVE gallery walls and mine has been in the works forever :( I really need to finish that up. Something about art is sooo personal and I always wait till I find just the right piece that speaks to me!
ReplyDeleteNancy xo
Have to check these artist's out. My Andrada painting arrived a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Also own a Matt original as well - we love the same artists! Can't wait to see your wall! I'm partial to hanging the art random - but it's really hard to do well!
ReplyDeletethe painting is wonderful, Kelly! Can't wait to see what you are going to do. DO you have a dog. I have a labrador. Happy Friday and big hugs
ReplyDeleteI have just ha a picture rail put up the length of my hall - it still needs to be painted but I have hung a long row of framed photos along it !
ReplyDeleteWhichever picture gallery you choose, I recommend using 'Hang and Level' picture hanger seen on TV. I used it to hang the gallery at the condo and it is amazingly accurate....for larger pictures, I would use the guide, but spread the hangers farther apart. Have FUN Hanging!!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to seeing how you do hang all your artwork. No doubt it will be stunning. Thanks for the links to these artists.
ReplyDeleteOh dear I just lost a long comment. I'll try again but will leave out all my comments/responses about the photos above. Except that the wave (first photo) is the layout I like best.
ReplyDeleteFavourite Cdn artists are equine artist Jennifer Pratt and artist extraordinaire, Terry Gilecki (but save your $$ to buy his amazing work). Thanks for sharing those creative and talented artists you discovered on Etsy!
I love the new painting! Looking forward to seeing your display!
ReplyDeleteI love picture shelves! And walls!! Etsy is so fabulous, isn't it?!
ReplyDelete