Rain, rain, rain – if it isn’t snowing here, it’s raining. And sometimes it does both at the same time. What’s up with that?! April has been a wet month in Ottawa – that better mean that May is going to be sunny and full of beautiful flowers! Till then, here are some floral-inspired designs to brighten yet another gloomy April day…
I discovered Fiona Douglas’s work over at TheLENNOXX. The floral fabric against the deep blue wall is so gorgeous, and love the sweet pompom trim.
The floral cushion is a small detail with big impact.
Flowers are blooming everywhere in Fiona’s pretty bedroom.
If that doesn’t cheer up a rainy day, I don’t know what will! Oh, maybe more floral-inspired rooms. These two feature Osborne & Little’s Maharani pattern.
Image via The Latest
Image via Design Maze
Pretty in pink flowers…
Image via Homes Designing
Image via House to Home
Image via House to Home
Bright & fresh green…
Image via House to Home
So many fab colours in this room, all grounded by the colourful floral carpet.
Image via Color Sizzle
Check out the bold graphic floral fabric on this sofa. Go big or go home!
Design by Krista Ewart, photo by Victoria Pearson, image via House Beautiful
Flowers & polka dots & stripes – a great combo of patterns.
Image via Home Klondike
If you can’t commit to an all-over floral design, then why not add a few cheery floral pillows to your arm chair or sofa.
![]()
Cushions and images by Pillow Throw Decor
Or hang some floral art on the wall.
Tulip March
Original painting by Jill Alexander
Fleur Bicycle
Original painting by Fifi Flowers
Hope you’re enjoying spring in your little corner of the world :-)
![]()
Beautiful images and we can certainly use some bright and happy flowers during this dull rainy Ottawa week!
ReplyDeleteLove the blue in the first photo -I wonder what paint colour that is?
You have cheered me immensely! Kelly there are storm clouds in the distance here today!
ReplyDeleteLOve the bright cheerful images you have shown. I have that teal in my office and am thinking of one of these patterns to bring in the sunshine!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
Just what I needed to see on such a dreary spring day, the umpteenth of this month :)
ReplyDeleteI recently added a touch of green, floral fabric (vintage) to my dining room. Something about spring makes me want to see pretty everywhere.
Great minds think alike I guess! ;) Loved the work of Fionna Douglas and can't wait to see more. Hope things are well with you!
ReplyDeleteAmy
It's been raining by the bucketfull here, too. Gorgeous pics! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat organic shaped white lamp in the one pic is amazing!
ReplyDeleteWow Kelly, thank you so much for the link =D Love all the pretty florals you found, thank you for feeding my obsession ;)
ReplyDeletexo Linda
Love the first three images... aren't they so pretty! Great post Kelly it really brightened up my evening. By the way the weather here (vancouver) has been atrocious too. :o(
ReplyDeleteOh yes I LOVE all these florals!! So cheery and vibrant, like a lovely garden indoors. Fab post.
ReplyDeleteSuch, such prettiness !! I love florals but worry they might look too twee ! But none of the above do at all - I am mad on that pom pom trim too !!
ReplyDeleteSo very pretty. I love the intensity of these prints.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty pick-me up post! We last saw the sun for a little peek on Good Friday. These rooms are so bright and cherry. I love Fiona's colours/patterns shown at the beginning the most. Some of her prints look hand painted (tulips). I often wondered what goes in the making of such beautiful fabrics and prints. (future post? hint hint)
ReplyDeleteWow! Such a beautiful photos - the colors are so rich, and vibrant.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Kelly!
Sunshine & Smiles to you always! =(^.^)=
So much pretty! Well, I sure hope April showers bring May flowers cause as usual we are drowning over here in Vancouver :(
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for warm sun!!
Nancy xo
Yes, bring on the sunshine and some flowers! Love the colour in the first home you showed especially the second photo.
ReplyDeleteso many beautiful photos and rich vivid colors. My fav is the interior by Krista Ewart. Happy Friday, Kelly!
ReplyDelete