Union Jack, that is! I love Canada and I love our maple leaf flag, but let’s face it – the Union Jack is UBER-cool. And as you can see from these dressers, it looks pretty darn good as furniture. Miss Mustard Seed started a furniture makeover revolution when she unveiled this Union Jack dresser earlier this year:
Fiona at Lilyfield Life made one…
This one is by Rachael at Lovely Crafty Home:
And Julie at Inspired By You did an amazing job transforming an old dresser into this beauty, complete with brass lion head pulls – perfection!
What do you think of this one with a French provincial twist by Meranda Snyder at The French Provincial Furniture?
Another French Provincial style dresser – this one sold for $1,095 on Etsy. Hmmmm, I think I need to get into the Union jack dresser painting business!
I don’t know who painted this Union Jack dresser or if it’s even an old-piece-made-new, but it looks pretty great so I’m including it here. L.A.-based designer Betsy Burnham incorporated it into her teenage daughter’s bedroom.
And here’s a fun spin on the Union Jack by Sheridan French – pink and orange!
I’ll be participating in Staci’s Bake-N-Blog cookie party next Thursday, and then I’ll be off to Maine for a week. So Fab Furniture Friday will be on hold for a few weeks. In the meantime, let me know if you have a piece of furniture that you’d like me to feature.
Happy weekend!
![]()
Kelly,
ReplyDeleteThis is a new level for Union jack and what a neat display of the possibilities with just a matter of color change. Love how the hardware choices dresses up or relaxes the look and the feet tall or small...who knew! Fun post and have fun in Maine!
Bette
I love the lion head pulls!
ReplyDeleteLove the lion head pulls too, and the last one is interesting...like the new colour combo.
ReplyDeleteThat pink Union Jack is the one I want !! I love a reinvention !!
ReplyDeleteNever seen this before. The top one looks like it was done free hand....right up my alley, but I must say the pink and orange one is lotsa fun. Enjoy your trip to Maine Kelly.
ReplyDeleteOH! I do love a union jack. BUT... somehow a crisply painted one isn't my thing. Don't know why! If I could 'shabby chic' these dressers- then I'd be in heaven!
ReplyDeletekl
Very cool - I love the rustic look of the first one. And the french provincial versions look alot like my dresser redo - with all the curves.
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip Kelly - I look forward to hearing all about it!
Love all of these! Enjoy all of Maine has to offer.
ReplyDeleteGreat round up! Love the pink dresser - so original.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time in Maine!
Fun and innovative! Love the lion's head! Very French ;) But the pink and orange is totally fab! Have a marvellous trip to Maine! Can't wait to see ideas and images from your travels here!!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I especially love the pink and orange one...great twist!
ReplyDeleteI'm catching up on my post summer hiatus blog reading! I love this post Kelly, obv I'm a fan if the union flag and its connotations but let's face it, it's a gorgeous design statement too.
ReplyDeleteI'm off to check out the other posts I missed...
You're so right, the Union Jack is uber cool! And I love all the variation in these different examples!!
ReplyDeleteNancy xo
The Canadian flair makes a charming twist always. Great FAB Friday, Kelly!!
ReplyDelete