Friday, September 9, 2011

Fab Furniture Friday with Jack

Union Jack, that is! I love Canada and I love our maple leaf flag, but let’s face it – the Union Jack is UBER-cool. And as you can see from these dressers, it looks pretty darn good as furniture. Miss Mustard Seed started a furniture makeover revolution when she unveiled this Union Jack dresser earlier this year:

union jack dresser

Fiona at Lilyfield Life made one…

Union jack dresser lilyfield life

This one is by Rachael at Lovely Crafty Home:

Union-Jack-Dresser LOVELY CRAFTY HOME

And Julie at Inspired By You did an amazing job transforming an old dresser into this beauty, complete with brass lion head pulls – perfection!

union jack dresser inspired by you

union jack dresser pull

What do you think of this one with a French provincial twist by Meranda Snyder at The French Provincial Furniture?Union-Jack-French-DresserByMerandaSnyder1Another French Provincial style dresser – this one sold for $1,095 on Etsy. Hmmmm, I think I need to get into the Union jack dresser painting business!

union jack etsy 1 union jack etsy 2

I don’t know who painted this Union Jack dresser or if it’s even an old-piece-made-new, but it looks pretty great so I’m including it here. L.A.-based designer Betsy Burnham incorporated it into her teenage daughter’s bedroom.

union jack betsy burnham

And here’s a fun spin on the Union Jack by Sheridan French – pink and orange!

union jack sheridan french 1 union jack sheridan french 2

I’ll be participating in Staci’s Bake-N-Blog cookie party next Thursday, and then I’ll be off to Maine for a week. So Fab Furniture Friday will be on hold for a few weeks. In the meantime, let me know if you have a piece of furniture that you’d like me to feature.

Happy weekend!

sig turquoise

14 comments:

  1. Kelly,

    This is a new level for Union jack and what a neat display of the possibilities with just a matter of color change. Love how the hardware choices dresses up or relaxes the look and the feet tall or small...who knew! Fun post and have fun in Maine!

    Bette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lion head pulls too, and the last one is interesting...like the new colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pink Union Jack is the one I want !! I love a reinvention !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen this before. The top one looks like it was done free hand....right up my alley, but I must say the pink and orange one is lotsa fun. Enjoy your trip to Maine Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! I do love a union jack. BUT... somehow a crisply painted one isn't my thing. Don't know why! If I could 'shabby chic' these dressers- then I'd be in heaven!
    kl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool - I love the rustic look of the first one. And the french provincial versions look alot like my dresser redo - with all the curves.

    Have a great trip Kelly - I look forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of these! Enjoy all of Maine has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great round up! Love the pink dresser - so original.

    Have a great time in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun and innovative! Love the lion's head! Very French ;) But the pink and orange is totally fab! Have a marvellous trip to Maine! Can't wait to see ideas and images from your travels here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I especially love the pink and orange one...great twist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm catching up on my post summer hiatus blog reading! I love this post Kelly, obv I'm a fan if the union flag and its connotations but let's face it, it's a gorgeous design statement too.

    I'm off to check out the other posts I missed...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so right, the Union Jack is uber cool! And I love all the variation in these different examples!!
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Canadian flair makes a charming twist always. Great FAB Friday, Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!